As an alternate location, YYB is dedicated to swift operations, ensuring seamless direct navigation in uncongested airspace. The airport's team and partner airport community service providers are primed to handle diverted aircraft, facilitating a smooth transition to irregular operations (IROPS), quick service turn arounds, and departure timings that you can make at your convenience all to preserve the integrity of your operational schedules and to minimize any network delays.
For more information please contact:
Bryan Avery C.M.
Airport Manager / AE
North Bay Jack Garland Airport Corporation
North Bay’s strategic location has, since the 1930s, served as an aviation centre of excellence for National Defence and commercial aviation.
What began as a training facility with a gravel runway in the 1930s has grown to become Jack Garland Airport with a 10,000 ft /3,050 m runway, modern passenger services, terminal building and a thriving aerospace hub providing competitive development opportunities.
YYB North Bay advantages include:
- 10,000 ft/3,050 m runway
- Both airside and groundside development land available
- Easy access to land and rail transport
- Modern passenger terminal, services and conveniences
- Hassle free, low cost and convenient alternative to bigger centres
- Minutes from the downtown core
- Located only three and a half hours drive from Toronto and Ottawa and within a day’s drive of 6 border crossings
- Exceptional quality of life and competitive cost of living